Last revision date May 2018
It is our policy to collect / handle only the minimum information required in order to fulfil our contractual arrangements. If you believe we have collected excessive information, please contact http://eplsdesign.com/contact to raise any concerns you may have.
We only collect personal data from you to fulfil contractual arrangements. You can refuse to provide this information but that may mean that we are unable to provide you with the services and benefits you want from us.
Personal information Personal information is anything that enables someone to be identified or identifiable, e.g. name, job title, company name, address, email address, telephone number and IP addresses.
Below are some examples of the personal information we deal with:
• using the contact form on our website;
• personal data supplied by our clients in order for us to distribute a mailing;
• registering for any events or activities that we are organising;
• submitting CVs or work history information;
• information we need if you are employed by us;
• contacting us for further information;
• providing us with business cards or other contact information.
We do not intend to collect special category (also known as sensitive) personal information through our website (unless we are legally required to do so). Examples of special category information are: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; genetic data; biometric data; sexual life or sexual orientation; and criminal records.
We ask that you do not provide us with special category personal information when using our website.
Use of personal information
We receive personal information on individuals when we are instructed to undertake direct mail activities on our clients’ behalf. We then use this information as instructed by our clients, including sharing the data for checking or mailing distribution as requested by our client.
We do not:
• use this information for any other purpose
• share this information with anyone else
• sell this information to third parties
• transfer or store information outside the EEA
Legal grounds for processing personal information
We process personal information as part of undertaking a contract (e.g. a client contract or contract of employment); to satisfy any legal obligations to which we are subject; to satisfy our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses (where this does not interfere with your rights); and/or when you have agreed to us processing your personal information.
Security of personal information
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Only authorised persons are provided access to personally identifiable information and such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure.
We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
Sharing personal information
We may also share personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
• When explicitly requested by you;
• When required to mail publications or materials as requested by you;
• For regulatory compliance purposes; and/or
• As otherwise set out in this privacy statement.
We may also disclose supplied personal information to law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies and other third parties, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation. This includes disclosures outside the country where you are located.
Retention of personal information
We will retain personal information only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law.
Normally, this means we will retain personal information relating to mailing projects for 6 months from the date of project completion.
Rights in relation to personal data
Individuals have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about them. In particular, the right to:
• Request a copy of personal information we hold about them;
• Ask that we update the personal information we hold about them, or correct such personal information that they think is incorrect or incomplete;
• Ask that we delete personal information that we hold, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
• Object to our processing of their personal information; and/or
• Withdraw their consent to our processing of their personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
In the unlikely event that an individual contacts us about these rights we would direct them to the organisation that supplied the information to us. If an individual would still like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to them, they should contact us http://eplsdesign.com/contact
Automated decision making
We will not use personal information for automated decision making or profiling.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy and we never knowingly collect or use personal information about individuals under the age of 18 for our mailing activities.
Occasionally we may use photographs of children in the documents we design. Where that is the case, we will always verify that appropriate permission has been granted to use the images.
Post: The Old Workshop, Unit 3, Newdown Farm, Winchester SO21 3BT
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted by the following means:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate – calls to this number cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers). If you’re calling from outside the UK please call +44 1625 545 700.
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF